Stuarts is proud to sponsor the TechEx Global Blockchain Expo 2023 We're pleased to be sponsoring the upcoming TechEx Global Blockchain Expo in London, The Olympia, from 30 November - 01 December 2023. Stuarts' Managing Director - ...
The funds industry has undergone significant changes in recent years as many investment managers seek to capitalise on the potentially huge gains associated with FinTech, Web3, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain projects.
The Cayman Islands has fast become one of the leading markets for cryptocurrency funds, Web3 projects, Token Offerings, and other digital and blockchain products in part due to its attractive regulatory environment. However, there are a number of key legal issues involved in dealing with virtual assets in the Cayman Islands, so it is critical to have experienced, expert advice before establishing a cryptocurrency fund, Token Offerings vehicle or other blockchain project in the Cayman Islands.
Our Digital, Blockchain and Fintech Team in the Cayman Islands provide expert legal advice in the following areas:
- advising investment funds, administrators and other service providers on the use of Blockchain technology and smart contracts;
- advising on the establishment of ‘crypto related funds’ in the Cayman Islands;
- advising on Token Offerings and establishing Cayman Islands Companies and Foundations to conduct Token Offerings and other digital products;
- incorporating Cayman Islands companies to hold Cryptocurrencies;
- advising cryptocurrency funds and vehicles on the anti-money laundering regulations and ‘Know Your Client’ challenges associated with accepting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a means of payment of subscription monies; and
- advising on how changes to participants and service providers can be reflected once a Blockchain or smart contract is launched.
Learn more about the benefits of moving your Fintech business to the Cayman Islands or download the PDF here.
Related articles on Fintech which may be of interest to you:
- Crypto Funds in the Cayman Islands: Rise, Regulations and Preferred Structures.
- Registration and Continuing Obligations of a Virtual Asset Service Provider
- Powers of the Founder of Cayman Foundation Companies
- Cayman Structures for Web3 Entities
To discuss your requirements with our Digital, Blockchain and Fintech Team in complete confidence, please get in touch.
Stuarts' proven track record in advising leading international law firms, investment managers, investment companies and high-net-worth individuals is a result of the deep understanding of our markets.
At Stuarts, we build enduring relationships with our clients through the combined legal expertise and business acumen of our practice groups, and by providing exceptional service.
Watch our Cryptocurrency and Fintech video here:
Cryptocurrency funds and STOs in the Cayman Islands – what you need to know
The following are some of the most common questions we are asked by clients. The answers cover key issues we feel may be beneficial to anyone considering opening a cryptocurrency fund or launching an Security Token Offering (STO) in the Cayman Islands.
Please note that these are intended as general guidelines only and you should always seek specific professional advice before opening a cryptocurrency fund or issuing an STO in the Cayman Islands.