- Main Switchboard:
+1 (345) 949-3344
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies
The funds industry has undergone some significant changes in recent years as (i) investment managers seek to capitalise on the potentially huge gains associated with Cryptocurrencies, and (ii) investment funds begin to make use of Blockchain technologies and smart contracts to streamline their operations.
In response to this changing market place, we have advised on a wide range of legal issues in connection with Cryptocurrency and Blockchain usage and have developed particular expertise in the following areas:-
- advising investment funds, administrators and other service providers on the use of Blockchain technology and smart contracts;
- advising on the establishment of ‘crypto funds’ in the Cayman Islands;
- advising on initial coin offerings (ICOs) and establishing Cayman Islands Companies to conduct ICOs;
- incorporating Cayman Islands companies to hold Cryptocurrencies (such as bitcoin, ether, litecoin etc);
- advising funds on the anti-money laundering and ‘Know Your Client’ challenges associated with accepting bitcoin, ether and other Cryptocurrencies as a means of payment of subscription monies; and
- advising on how changes to participants and service providers can be reflected once a Blockchain or smart contract is launched.