This Guidance Note sets out the registration and continuing obligations of a virtual asset service provider registered with, or licensed by, the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (“ CIMA ”) under the Virtual Asset (Service Providers) Act,...
Our Corporate team is led by recognised leaders in their field. We provide world-class advice to corporate clients, including leading financial institutions, prominent US, European & South American banks, investment managers, Fortune 500 companies and several of the world's largest insurance companies, in connection with a wide range of cross border commercial arrangements and international transactions. We have acted for the issuer on a number of Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) IPOs in the US and UK.
Commercial services to clients include the structuring, drafting and negotiation of their international commercial agreements including joint venture relationships, licencing and commercialisation agencies, franchising & licencing agreements and financing arrangements with banks and commercial leaders.
Our corporate work includes:
- Incorporation of corporate vehicles, investment trusts and partnerships
- Establishing Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) and the sponsor entities
- Establishing holding entities in a tax-neutral environment
- Equity and debt offerings including Initial Public Offerings
- Establishing "blocker" entities in corporate or partnership form to shelter foreign source income
- Inward investment
- Utilisation of the US "check the box" regime to enjoy tax transparency
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Start-ups, joint ventures and group re-organisations
- Redomiciliation and migration
- Schemes of arrangement
Watch our Corporate and Commercial team video below:
Stuarts provides all management and administrative services necessary to create, operate and liquidate special purpose vehicles.
Our team of experienced insolvency professionals can provide cost effective, personalised service. Our services cover all aspects of the liquidation process and include ensuring that all regulatory documents and filings are made, preparing the Liquidators Final Report and holding the final General Meeting.
Chambers & Partners
"Stuarts has a compact practice that has maintained strong client relationships since its inception. Much of its work sees it act for private equity houses on acquisitions, disposals and group structuring mandates." Publication Recognition
Stuarts Walker Hersant Humphries “impresses clients with its responsiveness, industry knowledge and value for money, especially when compared to some of the larger firms in the domicile.” Publication Recognition
"Very responsive and proactive, with a good understanding of the business aspects rather than purely the legal aspects." Banking Client Testimonial