Caledonian Bank Ltd. (the “ Bank ”) and Caledonian Securities Ltd. were placed into Controllership on 10 February 2015 by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (“ CIMA ”) and Mr. Keiran Hutchison and Claire Loebell of Ernst &...
Our banking and finance team act for a number of the world's leading banks, financial institutions and businesses on many types of domestic and cross border transactions.
We advise both lenders and borrowers on Cayman Islands counterparty issues as well as providing the necessary legal opinions.
We have extensive experience in advising on syndicated letter of credit facilities in support of insurance/reinsurance and capital market liability, on-shore lending secured by a portfolio of securities offshore with or without custodial obligations and trade finance e.g. documentary credits, ISDA agreements.
Our banking & finance services include:
- Establishment and licencing of banks and other financial institutions
- Advising on ISDA agreements and other market standard documentation
- Advising Banks and other financial institutions with respect to ongoing operational and regulatory requirements as well as compliance matters
- Advice on all aspects of bank financing, including secured and unsecured both domestic and multi-jurisdictional
- Drafting of banking documentation and advising on data protection and confidentiality issues
- Advice in respect of bank reorganisations and mergers