- Main Switchboard:
+1 (345) 949-3344
Aaron is a partner in the specialist investment funds team at Stuarts.
Aaron advises on all aspects of the formation, operation and termination of investment funds. He routinely advises fund sponsors and other stakeholders on the structuring and formation of hedge and private equity funds; the day-to-day administration of funds from a Cayman Islands law perspective (including, for example, corporate governance and fiduciary duties, investor issues, matters pertaining to illiquid portfolios and portfolio transactions); the restructuring, wind-down and liquidation of funds; and the regulatory framework governing funds and their managers in the Cayman Islands. Aaron advises on the use of companies, partnerships and unit trusts in the context of investment funds as well as advising on a broad range of general corporate matters. His clients include institutional fund sponsors, boutique investment managers and private equity houses.
Aaron joined the firm in 2011 having previously worked for Eversheds and Squire Patton Boggs in London. During his time in London, Aaron gained broad experience in various types of corporate transactions, including: mergers and acquisitions, disposals, takeovers, joint ventures, fund raisings and corporate restructurings. He regularly advised on transactions with a cross-border dimension, working with clients and intermediaries in Europe, Asia and North America
- Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Grand Court of the Cayman Islands
- University of Newcastle, Law (LLB) (First Class Hons)
- Nottingham Law School
- Legal Commentary on the decision in Weavering Macro Fixed Income Fund Limited (In Liquidation) -v- Stefan Peterson (1) and Hans Ekstrom (2)
- Member of the Cayman Islands Law Society
Member of the Cayman Islands branch of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Legal 500: Aaron is a recommended lawyer in Legal 500 in the Investment Fund and Corporate & Commercial divisions. He is noted as being "extremely knowledgeable and responsive".
The term "Partner" is a title referring to a shareholder of the Stuarts group of companies.