Simon is a member of the specialist investment funds team at Stuarts Walker Hersant Humphries and advises on the regulatory framework governing funds and their managers in the Cayman Islands.
Simon advises on all aspects of the set-up, operation and closure of investment funds and he also has a broad experience on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions for private and listed clients.
He advises fund managers on the structuring and formation of hedge and private equity funds; the day-to-day administration of funds and the regulatory framework governing funds and their managers in the Cayman Islands. Simon advises on the use of companies, partnerships and unit trusts in the context of investment funds as well as advising on a broad range of general corporate matters. His clients include institutional fund sponsors, boutique investment managers and private equity houses.
Simon is also a member of the digital, blockchain and fintech team and advises funds focusing on blockchain technology, bitcoin or other crypto-currency strategies. Simon joined the Stuarts team as an Associate in 2019 having previously worked in the Corporate department of Taylor Vinters LLP in London where Simon worked on IPOs and secondary issues as well as acquisitions, investments and disposals.
- Grand Court of the Cayman Islands
- Senior Courts of England and Wales (non-practising)
- The College of Law, Bristol (Legal Practice Course, Distinction)
- The College of Law, Bristol (Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation)
- University of Exeter (BA) (Second Class Hons) Ancient History and Archaeology
- The Cayman Islands Legal Practitioners Association